Be my friend :-) Like Mommy-Morhphosis on Facebook!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tip-Toeing back to work, the internal Mommy War.

I've been fighting the internal Mommy war. It's been said the term "working Mom" is a redundancy. Clearly it takes as much skill and effort to manage a career as it does manage a household. Still many women are torn when asking themselves whether they should work in or out the home. There's lots to be considered; finances, personal goals & fulfillment, what's best for the kids. The truth is it's difficult to know what the answer is for yourself and your family. Every Mom has to take the time to consider the pros and cons. For me, like most everything else, it's about balance. Having one foot in the work world and one foot (along with my heart) at home. Being a full time stay-at-home Mom has left me filling a bit unfulfilled, that's part of the reason I've ventured into the blogosphere. But, I'm sure when I begin substitute teaching a few days a week I'll miss my munchkins. Here's to hoping having a life in both worlds is the best choice for this ShoMommy.

Inspired by http://news.yahoo.com/mothers-part-time-may-happier-healthier-161249450.html

1 comment:

ORR007 said...

I wholeheartedly agree with the article. It's been a year since I switched from partner track to a new group at my law firm for "stay at home moms," and I haven't looked back! I am infinitely happier, and really enjoy the mix of staying home with my 3month old and working about 6-8 hours per week...i did go to law school, for crying out loud. And the little bit of work I do have keeps me sharp! I think part-time is the way to go, if finances allow. I'm still a little weirded out by the nanny deal, Grandmommy isn't retired yet, and I probably wouldn't be able to concentrate very well for 8 hrs/day anyway...lol. Entrepreneurship is my second choice...I know you feel me ShoMommy!