How well do you know Sasha and Malia's Dad? To celebrate his special day I'm sharing 10 interesting facts about President Obama.
10. He says his favorite children’s book is “Where the Wild Things Are.”
*That's a ShoMommy favorite too, check out an old post to celebrate the author Maurice Sendak http://mommymorphosis.blogspot.com/2012/05/beyond-where-wild-things-are.html
9. His first date with wife, Michelle Obama, was to the movie “Do The Right Thing.”
*ShoMommy loves the smart, stylish, rising icon "Chelly O". We shared little known facts about our favorite first lady for her birthday. Read the old post at: http://mommymorphosis.blogspot.com/2012/01/happy-birthday-mrs-michelle-obama-10.html
8. His favorite show is HBOs “The Wire.”
7. He kept a pet ape called Tata while in Indonesia.
6. He has his hair cut once a week by his Chicago barber, Zariff, for $21
5. He was known as “O’Bomber” at high school for his jump shot skills at basketball. He has weekly games at the White House court.
4. He owns a pair of boxing gloves signed by Muhammad Ali.
3. His father grew up herding goats, then went on to attend Harvard University. In 1991 Barack graduated
Harvard Law School where he was president of the Law
2. He wrote a children’s book “Of Thee I Sing.”
1. His name means blessed by God in Swahili.